This S Curve braid tutorial has been a favourite for a while and now I’ve finally created a video tutorial for you to follow.
If you’d like to see a picture tutorial, check out this twisting braid tutorial here.
This pretty braided upstyle is perfect for weddings, formals and proms. Personally, I like to wear it on the weekend with ripped jeans and t-shirt and a bright red lipstick. That’s pretty much my style uniform.
Whatever your style, this gorgeous updo will draw compliments, and it’s also a pretty good arm work out as well. Check out the video tutorial below.
S Curve braid tutorial
The S Curve braid hairstyle from every angle
How to style the front of your hair
- Side Part – Part your hair on the side you prefer and then start your braid near your part. You don’t need need to do a long part as your braid will be curving around the back of it.
- Middle part – You can do this style with a middle part and then turn which ever way you prefer. I prefer a side part, but you can customise it to suit your hair.
- Fringe / bangs – Style your fringe or bangs as normal and then create a side part behind to start your braid.
- You can do this style is straight, wavy or curly hair – just don’t brush curly hair before you begin!
- If your hair is much longer than mine, you can finish is a side braid, a side ponytail or you can wind your braid around to make a crown braid.
- Stretching your braid is KEY. You’ll have gaps between your braids and you can cover these up by stretching out your braid and pinning the curves together.
I’d love to see how your create this style. Tag me #hairromance so I can see your hair!
Source: FS – Hair romance
S Curve braid tutorial – A pretty braided upstyle